Then Jesus said to his disciples, "If anyone would come after me, he must deny himself and take up his cross and follow me" - Matt. 16:24

Sunday, June 19, 2011

"Only one thing is needed"

It’s been a great Sunday. I woke up early to spend some time with the Lord, it was much needed. In the busyness of things I have not spent as much time with the Lord as I crave.  I was reminded of a verse from Luke 10 that talks about Mary and Martha; Martha is so busy trying to please Jesus with her work, he says to her “only one thing is needed”. The “one thing” is what her sister Mary is doing, sitting at his feet.  So I sat at his feet today and it was everything I needed. I have to constantly remind the Martha in me to settle down and just bask in the opportunity to spend time with my God! There was a hefty price paid for this opportunity.  Then we went to Rose of Sharon, one of the other interns shared the message then we hung out and played games with the girls for a few hours.  

So! The schedule for this week, lesson Prep on Monday then teaching at the nutrition center tue, wen, and thru mornings.  I will be teaching on Malaria prevention this week! In the afternoons I will be doing home visits with Pascual and Josepha in the afternoons, they are two of the nationals that run the clinic, amazing ladies. During the home visits we will go to the houses of babies to check on them and see if the baby is thriving on the formula.  Then Friday I will spend at the daycare, Cresh. I may try and bring out some puppets! Then we will be going to a birthday bbq for the activistas of project life.  Project Life is a ministry that reaches out to people living with HIV. The activistas are truly the hands and feet of this ministry. They are taught a bible study and then go out into the biros and teach it to others. During the week they go and visit HIV positive people to pray with and encourage them.

No comments:

Post a Comment