Then Jesus said to his disciples, "If anyone would come after me, he must deny himself and take up his cross and follow me" - Matt. 16:24

Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Abandoning my Cause

“The God who made the world and everything in it is the Lord of heaven and earth and does not live in temples built by human hands. And he is not served by human hands, as if he needed anything. Rather, he himself gives everyone life and breath and everything else.”- Acts 17:24-25

Oh, how I have come to love and desire God’s word! Another scripture that I have been changed by recently is Acts 17:24-25. I look at all the suffering and poverty in the world and think, I will go, I will alleviate the suffering. This is my cause and God will help me to accomplish it.I have it all backwards! God does not need me! If he wanted to end suffering he would, he is all powerful. He simply calls me to be an obedient vessel. His glory is above all else, including my desire to see the needs of the helpless met. This is not my cause, it is Gods and I am simply allowed to partake in it.

No comments:

Post a Comment