Then Jesus said to his disciples, "If anyone would come after me, he must deny himself and take up his cross and follow me" - Matt. 16:24

Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Made in the Image of a Creative God

I have always felt the closest to God when I am outside basking in his creation.  I was thinking today about how creative our God is.  He could have put us in a barren field.  Instead he gave us breath taking mountains, fierce oceans, wide canyons, majestic glaciers….the list goes on.  It says in Genesis 1:27 that we are created in his image.  Have you ever thought of how we express creativity in light of God’s creativity? We have this perpetual need to decorate our surroundings. Look around you. Even our bodies are decorated according to the creativity we were created with.  Father, I am once again in awe of your character.

No comments:

Post a Comment